Latisse vs Faux Lashes
Did you know that your eyelashes protect from your eyes from debris? They are very sensitive to touch and causes an involuntary blink whenever there is an object close to the eye. There is an ongoing debate in the cosmetic industry, in regards to eyelashes. Some want to see real lash growth while others prefer to a provisional option by purchasing. There is an ongoing debate in the cosmetic industry, in regards to eyelashes. Some want to see real lash growth while others prefer to a provisional option by purchasing lash extensions.
The temporary appearance of extra lashes might appeal to those who want more luxurious, dramatic lashes, maybe for a night out or an all-day glamorous look. Beauty comes with a price, and while faux lashes may give the look of extravagance they have been proven to cause serious damage, if not applied by a licensed beautician. They have been around for many years and experts say that more mature women are more likely to experience damage than younger age groups.
We’ve compiled a small list below, to outline some of the potential limitations when using faux lashes over extended periods.
- Failure to apply by a professional may result in temporary damage or worse, corrective eye surgery.
- Quality faux lashes are expensive and cheaper version contain more harmful chemicals.
- In some cases, unnatural looking eyelashes
- Glues and other agents may damage natural lashes and eyesight, permanently worsening over time with extended use.
- Faux lashes tend to loosen and fall off
Lash extension may seem like a viable option for short term use, however if you love the look of long lashes consider Latisse™, for a safer option. Whether it’s for medical or cosmetic reasons, Latisse™ offers a lasting look that do not require chemicals that may potentially impair your eyesight. (more…)